Sunday, August 27, 2006

Peyton is at it again....

My poor little accident prone Peyton.

I got a frantic call from Bob last night at work as I was getting ready to leave telling me to "leave work NOW, come home NOW!!!!!" Peyton had fallen and cut her head.
I get home to discover that she has fallen on a terra cotta pig that I had made out of flower pots. She has a giant gash on her forehead and my pig is smashed (which she did with her head) when she was running through the kitchen and fell face first in to it.
She is laying on the couch with a wash cloth on her forehead whimpering and the other kids are all around her rubbing her and saying "its alright Peyton". Would have been sweet if she was not hurt.
I take the wash cloth off to discover a huge cut that is about 1 inch long and open about 1/2 an inch. Once I picked myself off the floor I closed it with a steri-strip and put some gauze on it and off we went to the emergency room. I didn't even have time to change out of my scrubs.
After 4 hours in the ER we ended up with the wound glued shut with durabond. She was not very happy with the doctor when he irrigated her cut and then sealed it with the glue. Poor thing had to be held down so she wouldn't move and just kept yelling "no hurt - hurt me - it hurts". Just broke my heart and I would have given anything to take her place. We didn't get home until almost 12:30 am and I was scheduled to work again today at 6:45 am. They called this morning an cancelled me as they were over-staffed......I was thrilled. I had spent almost 18 hours in a hospital yesterday and was over it.
Now I am worried about what kind of scar she is going to have. I am just praying its very faint.........and that this is the LAST accident for my little princess!!!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I cannot believe how accident prone poor little Peyton is :(
It looks just AWFUL, if there is a scar hopefully it will be very faint.

Wendi said...

Poor Peyton!!! I can't believe her luck lately. Glad to know she is alright.

Anonymous said...

Kim, I almost cried when I saw the picture of Peyton. I know they make Maderma(or something close to this) cream for kids to help scars. I will try to find some. I think it has to be healed before it can be used.
Love,
Sharyon

Anonymous said...

OMG - I can't believe it either. I've been away for some time, but 3
injuries! Peyton is a handful and your nerves must be raw!

Elyse had the same type of gash on her head this spring and I was
suprised they only glued it. It did scar, but it's barely visible now -
I figure it will make for good stories at her wedding. Hopefully
Peytons will fade as well.

Hang in there!
Nicole TQ 2003

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your ER trip. We had our first stitches this summer with one of my trio, Will. I think it was harder on mom, he didn't really mind so much, the nurses were handing out popsicles and stickers. I hope she heals up quickly, and you are doing ok too....They are so quick at this age, stuff just happens in the blink of an eye. Take care. Rachael TQ 2003

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim,
How terrible! Poor little Peyton! Prayers for no scar in the healing
process. Have you checked into using that mederma (sp) for scarring?
I dont know much about it but see the commercials.

Love to all,
Colleen TQ 2003

Anonymous said...

Ouch Poor Peyton! Hope she has a speedy recovery! and
no more trips to the ER!

Stephanie
TQ 2003