Saturday, April 11, 2009

Beauty and the Beast

We decided to take the kids to the zoo and then to the Disney play "Beauty and the Beast" at an outside stage by the zoo. The best part about Miller Outdoor Theater is that its FREE!!! We had a picnic at the zoo, went on the carousel, stopped to see a few animals and then headed over to get seats at the play. The kids (as well as Bob and I) LOVED the show. They had "wolves" running around the isles for one scene too and they all just thought that was the coolest thing ever. Peyton just loves anything princess and when Belle came out in her yellow gown to dance with the beast she just gasped and sucked in air and said "she's beautiful!!!!" The people in front of us turned around and smiled.
She was just so excited and thrilled to see her.
The kids did really good considering the play didn't start until 8pm and ended at 11pm. Spencer informed me that he wants to be an actor and star in shows like this. I really need to look and find out if there is a program where he can try it and not cost me thousands.

1 comment:

sharongerger said...

I took my kids to see the same play in Toronto and the set was not as nice and I am sure I paid $80 a seat! You do such cool things with the kids!