Friday, January 18, 2008

Tae Kwon Do

Spencer has starting taking Tae Kwan Do at the YMCA. He has been asking for about a year to take karate. As someone who has no clue about this sport - they are all the same and they offered this at the Y.
He really seems to enjoy it. It is my least favorite sport to watch so far though. The instructors are very strict with the kids and he doesn't seem to mind at all.
They learned how to do jump kicks today. Now lets just hope he does not come home and pratice these techniques on his brother and sisters.
He wants a uniform too, but I am not convinced he will stick with this so am not going to waste money. I told him when he finishes this class if he still wants to do it we will get him a uniform. He ran to me when class was done and asked if he could get a uniform now? I guess I should have been more specific about finishing this whole session of classes first. I will not dress him in dark green next time so he stands out so much though.

No comments: