Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of grade 1

Spencer started grade one today. I just can't believe how fast time is going. He wanted to take the bus, but I insisted on driving him so I could walk him in the first day.
He is just so independant!! I guess it would be worse if he was crying and hanging on my leg and not wanting me to go. He was not nervous at all until we went in to the school and he got confused trying to find his classroom. We came in a side door when we met the teacher so he wasn't sure which way to go from the office. Once we found it he told me that I could stay and take pictures all day if I wanted to. I knew he was nervous then, as he didn't want me to take any pictures earlier because it would embarrass him. I stayed for a few minutes and he sat down and started on some work she had at his desk and he was fine and told me I could go.
It was not as hard to leave him this year. Last year was hard trying to let go and leave the school. Who was going to look after him and make sure he was ok all day?????? He is just a baby!!!!!!!
Well I need to face it, my baby is growing up and I am so proud of him.
He drew a picture of his teacher for her on his first day. What a suck up huh? lol
After school we all left and went to Incredible Pizza, one of the kids favorite places. They really wanted to show it off to our visiting family.
They thought it was fun and the food was great. My sister watched the littles ones while the rest of us played a game of lazer tag. It was so much fun, I haven't played it since before we got married.

No comments: