Monday, August 04, 2008

Take me out to the ball game

Thanks to the reading program at the library we took the kids to their first baseball game yesterday. The reading program is awesome and gives a bunch of coupons to the kids for reading. Included were free tickets to see the Astos. We were WAY UP at the top, but the seats were still good.
They were so excited and made little signs to hold up. They even made a big one for them all to hold too.
They really enjoyed it even though they thought it was LONG. Caden and Sydney asked a few times if it was time to go yet. The Astros played the Mets and won 4 - 0.

After the game they got to run the bases. Bob and I were arguing about who was going to go with them and who was going to watch our stuff and take a picture. I was winning when we got to the front of the line and they said it was only for kids. Before I knew it my "babies" were gone and the guy says they will come out at isle 127. We were at isle 150 something. I never ran so fast in my life. lol
They did NOT stay together like I told them to either.....rotten kids. ;) They really enjoyed it and I was jealous that I could not do it too. Peyton was not as happy as the other three though as she got "pushed down by some little boy" and skinned her knee.

No comments: